You Must Be Out Cho'Mind!

My children are pyromaniacs, but then again, aren't most children?  Mine come by it naturally.  My sister & I used to stick our fingers in candles to play with the wax & Hopson used to set rice fields on fire after they had been harvested on his family's farm growing up.  (yeah, I know, Hopson wins...)  But, playing with candles has always been a fascination of mine.  I just can't help it.

Our kitchen, which I spend most of my time in, smells like rotten pumpkins right now.  Yuck!  My centerpiece that was on my table had three pumpkins & I didn't know the bottom had become rotten until yesterday.  In case you've never smelled rotten pumpkins, it's gross.  I've scrubbed my kitchen down, but I still get whiffs of it every now & then.  Bleh!  Because of the smell, I picked up some fragrance spray that I like at the grocery store.  It has a nice fresh smell to it.

When I brought it home, Henry discovered it & started spraying it all over the house.  I was ok with that, it made the house smell nice.  Today Harry discovered it.  He really liked it.  I told him he could have my second can.  I'm trying to be nice & share.  I don't know what I was thinking today, or maybe I just wasn't.  I'm not quite sure, but the inner pyro in me came out.  I had candles lit in the kitchen; I had a can of aerosol spray; I had an impressionable 12 year old standing right beside me.  Guess what I did...

...Hey watch this.  I took the can & 1 of my candles & sprayed the thing right at the candle.  Yep, I sure did.  Now it was way cool, I mean it was a horizontal column of fire!  After I did it, I was like, (yes, I'm having an inner dialogue with myself.  I guess it would be my Id & Superego, for all you Freudian peeps out there.)  'You must be out of your cotton pickin' mind!'  And  yes, I was.  I mean really, what was I thinking showing Henry the joys of flames & aerosol cans, at 12 years old!  OMG, he's going to burn the house down.

The next thing out of my mouth was for him to NEVER do that.  It's one of those 'do as I say & not as I do' moments.  Don't get me wrong, I wanted to do it again, but really, what kind of example am I being?  I had a momentary lapse in my mommy judgement & just wanted to show said 12 year old something cool.  Ugh, fail!

We did have a good laugh together though.  Who knows what I'll show him tomorrow....  Just kidding.  ;)

Celebrating Life & temporarily losing my mind!
~ashley

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A New Place to Go

A Little Bone to Pick

Well Good for Fair Fanny Petro