Insert HUGE eye roll HERE

 I have noticed that over the years I've become a little cynical about some things.  I was sitting in the doctors office today (for 2 hours!  Insert frownie face here.)  and was flipping through one of the different magazines they had on the table in the waiting room.  It was a style & gossip magazine & a few questions started floating through my head.


  1. Why are certain people considered celebrities & why do we care about every aspect of their lives so much?  I find it a little ridiculous. First off, they are people.  They do a lot of the same things we all do each day.  Second, they sometimes make bad choices.  (and keep making those choices...a lot)  I'm not saying those choices make them bad people, I'm just saying they consciously put themselves in situations that are not flattering & then some of them have the audacity to be mad because they are in the press about it.
  2. Why do we care so much what the celebrities are wearing?  Why do I care that a celebrity looks gross in her yoga pants & t-shirt with her hair pulled back?  She may have gone to the gym; maybe her kids kept her up all night and sister needs some sleep; maybe she was having a day when everything in her closet was too tight & just needed to slouch for a bit.  Why does it matter?  My one piece of fashion advice for celebrities, PLEASE wear a slip when you wear a see through dress.  Ugh!
  3. I don't care what designer the celebrities are wearing.  I like to look good, but I also don't think that you have to spend a small fortune to do it.  Fashion is so fickle anyway, I think it's important to feel good in your clothes.  I think it's silly that someone would spend $520 on a green velour jacket.  Personally I could find much better ways to spend $500, but hey, whatever floats their boat.  (BTW, if you ever see me wearing a green velour jacket, you have my permission to hit me in the head with a tack hammer, just sayin'.)
  4. Why do we act surprised by celebrities world wind romances and breakups?  I have too much to worry about with my own fam to worry about a celebrity who's 2 month marriage is splitting up.  They fall in and out of love so fast, and it seems like many are always chasing greener pastures.  If you want a green pasture, take the time to water your lawn.  Marriage is work people, ask anyone who's been married for 50  years, they'll tell you it's not always smooth sailing, but it's worth the ride.
  5. Naked pictures....everyone just needs to stop, celebrities, teenagers, grown-ups...everyone.  Or just don't be surprised when a hacker (or your publicist) decides to leak them to the media.  Put your phone away, because we don't need to see your behind or any other body part.
After I thumbed through the magazine, I put it down in total disgust.  I can think of many everyday people who are much more accomplished, amazing and giving than most of the people in that magazine.  These people do their thing without adoring fans or making lots of money. They are just incredible people.  To me, they are the real celebrities, and I am blessed to know them.

Thanks for letting me rant.  :)  If you are an everyday celebrity, thank you for what you do!
Celebrating life!
~ashley

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Well Good for Fair Fanny Petro

A New Place to Go

A Little Bone to Pick