Let Me Sleep

For some reason, I find this article hilarious!
For the love of Pete, LET ME SLEEP.

But, don't tell me when to sleep; where to sleep; or how to sleep.

I have found that as I have gotten older I am sleeping less and less.  My mother-in-law told me this would happen.  I really hoped she was making it up, but she wasn't.  I have noticed that I am sleepiest around 8-9, but if I can stay up to 11, I can stay up all night.  Or rather I will stay up at least until 3am.  It would be great, if I were a vampire.  Since I'm not it really stinks.

If you are on social media in the middle of the night it is amazing the number of friends who are wide awake with you.  Last month I posted on facebook "I love insomnia, insomnia's my favorite" with a few cute emojies with it.  Someone made me giggle by writing back for me to make sleep my favorite.  Trust me, if I could make sleep my favorite I would.

I'm an early bird, so when the sunshine is awake, so am I.  It doesn't matter how little sleep I've had, if the sun is up my eyes are open.  In the middle of the night, little sounds that no else in my house would stir to will jolt me out of bed:  a little scratch on the door; a dog chewing on a shoe; a child staring me down in the bed; people and animals snoring; and the buzzing of my phone charger.  It's pretty annoying.

I saw the picture above today & when I started reading it, I had to giggle.  I do want to sleep, badly, but like I said already, don't tell when, were or how.  I love the line above that says "...persuade her to get a few extra hours snuggling under the duvet.  Or face the consequences."  Yeah, whatever.  I don't do well with those kinds of commands, and if I'm hot, I don't want to snuggle.  Hopson likes to tell me that I might be able lose a little more weight if I had more sleep.  Well thank you very much captain obvious.  (On a side note, I LOVE the new Captain Obvious commercials, they are hilarious.)  Now, all I need to do is figure out a way to sleep.  I don't take sleeping pills, I hate to take any kind of medicine really.  Have you ever read the possible side effects of different meds...I will say no thank you to those.  I am turning into my MeMaw; she would be so proud.  I will occasionally take melatonin, but I need at least 8 hours of sleep, and that won't work if I'm going to bed after 10.  (which is most nights)  :/

Fortunately or unfortunately, I know so many moms who are in the same boat as I am in.  Too much to do with so little time.  :)  Occupational hazard I guess.  So, until I figure out how to get more sleep, if you see me on facebook or other social media very late at night or early in the morning, stop by & say hey.  We'll commiserate together, because as the saying goes:  misery loves company.  :)

Celebrating Life & wishing for a few more minutes of sleep,
~ashley  

    

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Well Good for Fair Fanny Petro

A Little Bone to Pick

A New Place to Go