Just Be Nice

Raising children can be hard.  Let me rephrase, dealing with other people's children can be hard. My children are not perfect by any stretch of the imagination, but there are some things they know.  They know what the expectations are for them in almost every situation.  (They should, we go over them enough.)  They know that when I say no, I mean no.  They know that when Hopson & I look at them 'that way' they better cease and desist what they are doing, or they will have consequences.  Other people's children may not know these things.  

There are so many things I want for my children.  I pray for my children to be kind.  I want them to have the courage to stand up for people who can't stand up for themselves.  I want them to be a good friend in both word and deed.  I want them to be unafraid to love people, even when others hurt or are mean to them.  I want them to be bold in their knowledge of truth; be able to see it; call it what it is; and be unafraid to stand for it.  You know the real reason I want this?  Because mean people suck.  I know that it's not nice to say that, but it's true.

I have questions, and the more I read and experience life, it seems the more I have.  It's a little frustrating, because it seems many of the questions breed more questions.  I think most of them center around human behavior, and if I could figure out the answers to all the questions I have, I would easily be a best selling author.  :)  But since I have no answers...here I sit.

So with all that said...help your children learn to be nice.  Help your children learn to show others their friendship.  Words are cheap.  It is up to you to be the example your children can learn from.  Don't let celebrities be your children's role models, that's your job.   If you're one of those parents, either intentionally or unintentionally, raising "mean kids", let me tell you, hey thanks.  You know why?  Because, mean people suck, just be nice.

Celebrating life & being nice,
~ashley      

     

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A New Place to Go

A Little Bone to Pick

Well Good for Fair Fanny Petro