What Would You Say?

Over the last week we have all been talking about Robin Williams.  What a wonderful actor with a tragic end.  He brought laughter to multitudes, but all the while he was in pain.  It started me thinking...what if we had the chance to tell him how much he moved us?  What if we told him that just his smile made our hearts a little lighter?  What if...what if...what if.

Why do we wait until someone has passed away to realize how special they are to us?  We go to their funerals & talk about what great people they were; how much they are going to be missed; how we're praying for their family; but neglect them while they are living.  Why do I not call, text or email to let them know now?  Why don't I call them up to meet for lunch?  Is it life that gets in the way?  Am I just a selfish lazy person?  Am I too proud?

If you knew someone was hurting, to the point of wanting to commit suicide, what would you say to them?  Would you offer a few comments to temporarily ease their pain and walk away, or would you stand beside them?  I know what I should do, but would I fail in the follow through?  So many questions and so few answers.

I've seen the little Facebook posters that say that you never know who is hurting that you might come in contact with.  How true.  We never 'see' the people who feel friendless, unloved and alone.  The ones who struggle with inner thoughts of worthlessness.  They hide it well don't they.  And when they choose to end their life, we are shocked that we didn't see it coming.  Maybe we are trying to see with the wrong part of our bodies.  Just a thought.

I am thankful for Robin Williams.  He always made me laugh, and few times made me cry.  He was truly one of a kind.  I hope he found the peace he was so looking for.  All I know is that there is a little less laughter in the world since his passing.

Remembering to love a little more,
~ashley          

Nothing Gold Can Stay

by Robert Frost
Nature's first green is gold,
Her hardest hue to hold.
Her early leaf's a flower;
But only so an hour.
Then leaf subsides to leaf.
So Eden sank to grief,
So dawn goes down to day.
Nothing gold can stay.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A New Place to Go

A Little Bone to Pick

Well Good for Fair Fanny Petro