Oh My Goodness, It Worked

Well, I do believe you could have blown me down with a feather.  Something I have been trying to train the children to do for a week seems to have taken hold.

The one thing I really dislike about summer and the children being home is all the cups we go through.  It's not 1 or 2 cups per person it's more like 4.  If my children were toddlers or young children, I might be able to handle it, but the youngest is 12 for the love of Pete.  Rinse, reuse, recycle.  Well, not the recycling part, but you get my meaning.  I was sick and tired of the dishwasher, sink and counter being full of cups.  And not only that, they would leave said cups filled half full with milk, water or maybe Gatorade.  Yuck!


Well, on Pinterest, (I know, you're shocked!)  I found a great way to relieve the great cup pileup of 2014.  It's a reusable cup bar.  It's easy, it's fun, it's fashionable, and you just might want one if you have tons of kids who use tons of cups like my kiddos did.

I found all my supplies at Michael's & it took me all of 10 minutes to assemble them & draw on them.  I used burlap covered canvas frames, slate coasters, hot glue and chalk.  Like I said, it's easy!  Obviously, I hot glued the slate coasters onto the burlap & wrote one person's name per slate.  Since Hoppy is in college, his spot will be empty most of the year, but I couldn't not include him.  :(  Hopson probably won't ever use it, but I needed it to be balanced, so he has one anyway.  :)  This morning when I came home from running carpool, the cup bar looked like the picture on the right!!!  I think I need to do my happy dance.

I'm gonna go ahead & put this into the win column.  WooHoo!!!

Celebrating life & the little things like rinsed & reused cups,
~ashley

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A New Place to Go

A Little Bone to Pick

Well Good for Fair Fanny Petro