Herding Cats


I love this!  It's so true.  :)

Being a leader of teenagers can sometimes be like herding cats.  I don't mean this in a bad way, but think about it:  cats have their own way of seeing and doing things.  Like cats, each person has their own personality and brings their own set of circumstances to the table when they serve, and it makes it interesting to say the least.  The teenagers I get to work with are amazing, but they are like cats.  :)  I really don't care for cats, but I love these cats!

You want to know why I love them?  Here are my reasons why...

  • They make me laugh a lot:  they love each other and the children we work with.  They laugh, kid around, and laugh with each other, but also lift each other up when they need it.  They love on kids who are shy or feel lost in our services.
  • They make my heart swell with pride:  I watch them step out in faith and with God's strength and do amazing things for the children of our church.  They are learning to stretch themselves.  It's hard to step out of your comfort zone, but they do, and it is amazing to see what God is doing in their lives.  You should see their faces when they realize they can do something they didn't think they could do, it's priceless.  You know the look I'm talking about.  God's radiance shines from their faces.  Oh, I just love it. 
  • They frustrate me:  they follow human nature.  When we need them to separate from each other they want to clump up in groups.  When we ask them to do things, sometimes they forget, and continue to do the things we asked them not to do.  They're kids, they need each other, and sometimes forget they are really needed by others in the room.  What can I say, I forget too sometimes.  We just do two things.  Love...Redirect...love...redirect...love...redirect.  But we love them always.

Herding cats.  I love the picture above because it reminds me that I'm a cat too.  But, you know what I've figured out?  I love teenagers.  I love everything about them, even if working with them is like herding cats. 

Celebrating Life and the hearts of teenagers!
~ashley

Comments

  1. Hi Ashley, I love the picture. I would love to use it for an office presentation. Is this your picture? If so, may I have your permission to use it? If it's not your picture, can you point me in the right direction? Thank you! mickey13631@aol.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A New Place to Go

A Little Bone to Pick

Well Good for Fair Fanny Petro